Online Roulette is one of the top three casino table games played by Online casino fans from all over the world. The term roulette means little wheel and has its origin from France. In the beginning the game featured small wheel comprised of a few numbers. With the improvement of gaming technology, the game nowadays has numbers 1 to 36 placed on a wider wheel onto which a small ball is dropped. The number it lands on is the winner.
Roulette is very simple to play but difficult to predict. Many pros have tried to beat the wheel by devising roulette betting strategies, but none is 100% sure way to win. Because of the popularity of the game, players nowadays can play a great number of different roulette variants.
With the roulette fans in mind, we have decided to review the best online casino websites where players can play exciting and high quality roulette variants as well as stay protected and safe. The best online roulette sites we list guarantee that you will have high-end and thrilling online roulette experience.
DIFFERENT ROULETTE VARIATIONS
GENERAL REAL MONEY ROULETTE TIPS
Even though it is a casino game of luck, if you learn how roulette works, especially how to place bets wisely, you can increase your winning potential. That is why it is always good to play the game online in free mode and once you feel confident you can switch to real money.
- Set up a bankroll and keep track of your wins and losses.
- Practice and perfect roulette betting strategies so you can maintain a steady bankroll.
- Stick to the outside bets (even/odd, red/black or 1-18/19-36) because you have a much better chance of not losing your money.
- Never play under the influence of alcohol or if you are not feeling well.
Every casino game is played by following certain rules, and in order to use all advantages that the game gives, you have to learn the basic rules at least. The rules are easy to understand and mainly very simple, so you shouldn’t be afraid to try this game and master it by practicing.
- In roulette players play against the house. The roulette table is run by a croupier whose job is to spin the roulette wheel, make payouts and take bets. He represents the house. In online roulette you play against the computer, except in live dealer roulette games.
- Roulette is played by placing your bet on a certain number on the table. You can also make a bet on a group of numbers, on a sequence of numbers, if the number will be odd or even etc.
- Bets cannot be placed after the ball has been launched.
- Each bet option has a different payout. The biggest payout is given for a bet placed on an individual number which pays 35:1.
- You can place bets on 37 or 38 numbers, depending on the variation. In mini roulette, the number of slots is way lower.
- Some casinos will give you the option to take half with you of a losing bet and leave the other half for another spin. It is called the ‘en prison’ rule.
- All bets are divided into two groups, inside bets and outside bets. The former are placed on single numbers or groups containing no more than six numbers while the latter are outside bets.
- Each roulette game has its own maximum and minimum bet allowed.
THE BASICS OF ROULETTE
Objective of the Game
When you gaze upon the roulette table you will see all kinds of opportunities for betting, and the primary and only objective is to guess in which slot the ball will fall, and with such accuracy that you even need to guess the color. Once the roulette wheel slows down the ball loses its momentum and falls into one of the slots. If you have accurately predicted you will be paid out in accordance with the paytable.
There are eleven bets that you can make in roulette: five bet, dozen bet, even/odd bet, color bet, street bet, high low bet, corner bet, line bet, column bet, split bet and straight bet. Five bet is possible only in American roulette. Dozen bets pay 2 to 1 and include betting on three different groups of 12 numbers, thus Dozen. Street bet is placed on the edge of any row of numbers, while split bet is placed between two numbers. A straight bet is a bet placed on an individual number. Corner bet includes four different numbers.
- Straight bet pays 35 to 1.
- Split bet pays 17 to 1.
- Street bet pays 11 to 1.
- Corner bet pays 8 to 1.
- Line bet pays 5 to 1.
- Dozen or Column bets pay 2 to 1.
- Black/Red, Even/Odds, or High/Low bets pay 1 to 1.