The Casino Games section on Twitch is growing daily with Top Casino Streamers reaching over 500 viewers per stream.This provides a great platform to build a strong following if you have the patience, effort and time required to grow a successful Twitch channel.
The most important aspects of streaming are as follows…
- PC & Internet Requirements
- Accounts & Software
– Twitch Account
– Casino Account
– OBS Software
– AnkhBot (coming soon)
- Stream Layout & Features
– OBS Stream Layout
– Onscreen Chat
– TwitchAlerts (coming soon)
* Recent Donations (coming soon)
– Viewer Count (coming soon)
- The Do’s and Don’ts
- Create a Schedule
- Social Media (coming soon)
- Multi-streaming (coming soon)
PC & Internet Requirements
Streaming on Twitch can be very resource heavy so you need to make sure your computer is capable of running such demanding tasks.
You will need at least 8gb RAM for starters, and a suitable multi-core processor such as an i7 920.
We recommend you stick with a wired connection from your router to your PC and avoid any streaming over a wireless connection to avoid dropped frame issues in OBS.
An internet connection of over 5mb download and 5mb upload is essential so ensure you can stream your activity with at least 720p resolution.
Accounts & Software
In order to have a successful stream you need the relative accounts and software.
The most important account you’ll need to start things off is Twitch. Twitch is the most popular platform for streaming Casino Games at present, but YouTube is a close second.The most important thing to think about before creating a Twitch account is…
This is essentially your branding and is very important, remember you’ll need to use the exact same name on social media accounts too e.g Twitter, so pick one that is available on all.Once you have picked this username then you’re stuck with it (unless you signup again), so choose carefully.
You will need a “Stream Key” in order to stream your activity on Twitch.You can get your Stream Key by simply accessing your Dashboard area on Twitch and then clicking the “Stream Key” link like this…
We recommend using CASINO-X as a starting point, as this is a well respected Casino that does not allow free play so your viewers instantly know you’re betting with real money.
OBS, or Open Broadcaster Software, is the most popular open source solution for streaming your Casino Game activity on Twitch (and other sources).
I use OBS to stream Casino Slots 5 days a week and it never lets me down.
I recommend you use the 64-bit version of OBS (if you have a 64-bit Operating System).
When the OBS software installs it will create a 32-bit version of the software on your desktop, you will want to use the 64-bit version.
Default 64-bit Windows Location: C:Program FilesOBS
The Do’s and Don’ts
Anyone can stream on Twitch and YouTube, but not anyone can make a successful channel with regular viewers and consistent high viewer figures.
Here at Gamblers Casino we pride ourselves in streaming only the best Casino Games content available from multiple reputable Casino’s.
Here is a list of “Do’s” and “Don’ts” which we try and follow every stream, and you should too.
- Always be polite to your viewers
- Create a schedule and stick to it!
- Talk as much as you can, someone just streaming slots with no talk is very boring
- Play a good variety of slots from as many providers as you can
- Ignore the trolls (especially on YouTube)
- Host regular raffles with prizes funded by yourself and/or the Casino
- Try and thank every new follower, and especially thank those who donate
- Get some moderators in your channel, CG staff will gladly help with this
- Have fun! Yes this is obvious, but a fun stream is a good stream
- Never play beyond your budget, streaming slots can be expensive!
- Never communicate with trolls, just ban them
- Avoid tilting when playing slots, just remember that maintaining your balance will lead to a longer and potentially more profitable stream
Just remember it can take months to grow your channel to a point where it’s profitable to stream slots, try and be patient.
Create a Schedule
A streaming schedule is very important both for yourself and your viewers.
If you pick a specific time during the week to stream then you know to get ready on that particular day, it’s a mental thing and helps you plan your week.
I personally stream Mon-Fri 12pm-4pm GMT and i have stuck to this schedule for over 5 months now and my viewers love it, as they know to join my channel at that particular time each day.
This is why it’s important for both you and your viewers, especially when you get popular as your viewers won’t want to miss out on any stream time!